Applications for 2019 have closed.
Life Sciences Ontario Scholarship Program
Stay tuned for details on the 2020 scholarship program
The Life Sciences Ontario Scholarship will award post-secondary students (University/College) currently enrolled in a 2nd or 3rd year degree program at an accredited post-secondary institution in Ontario. Scholarship winners will also be paired with a mentor in the life sciences sector.
The scholarship program aims to increase awareness of the life sciences sector in Ontario as a significant employer for new graduates, a significant driver of the local economy, an integrated local stakeholder, engaged with and supportive of the local community; and an existing, innovative and promising industry.
How to Apply: CLOSED
Complete the application:
Applicants must submit a 250-500 word essay outlining: What are your aspirations once you graduate?
Applicants must submit a list of extra-curricular or volunteer experience related to the Life Sciences Sector.
Deadline to Apply: May 17th, 2019
- Must have a permanent address in Ontario, Canada.
- Must be currently enrolled in their first or second year of full-time studies in a bachelor degree program.
- Applicants already enrolled in the 1st year of their bachelor degree studies must have a minimum cumulative average 75% (or equivalent) over the last 3 terms of available marks
- Note: Applied Bachelors, CEGEP diploma, a certificate or multiple degrees are eligible to apply
Those chosen for the scholarship will participate in “One-on-One Mentoring” with an experienced professional within their field of study in the life sciences sector
Once chosen recipients of the scholarship can expect to:
- Tour of the office
- Introductions to colleagues
- An orientation of what the company does
- Mentor’s role / Q&A
- Opportunity for job shadowing
2019 Life Sciences Ontario Scholarship Winners
LSO, in collaboration with AstraZeneca, Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, Gilead, Horizon Therapeutics Canada, Novo Nordisk, Roche and Sanofi Canada have established a scholarship and mentorship program, the first of its kind, designed specifically for Mississauga students. The Life Sciences Ontario Scholarship program is available for students with a permanent address in Mississauga, Ontario and who are currently enrolled in 1st and 2nd year undergraduate program in an Ontario institution.
Overall LSO awarded 20 students with $4,000 towards their academic careers. We had over 200 applicants from across Ontario including University Of Toronto-Mississauga, Western University, McMaster University, University of Waterloo, York University, St. George Campus – University Of Toronto.
Thank you to our sponsoring companies.
Become an LSO Student Member
Why Should I Join? Benefits of LSO Membership
- Expand your network and share best practices. LSO offers a robust suite of life sciences events, including our popular networking nights and breakfast meetings, attended by members from across our sector.
- Stay on top of what’s happening. LSO members receive exclusive access to our weekly newsletter, with a must-read summary of industry news and events.
- Benefit from member-exclusive or member-discounted events, such as our Policy Forum, Queen’s Park Day, and Annual Awards Gala.
- Access exclusive member discounts, including: Preferred rate for SR&ED tax credits and other grant services; discounts on lab supplies and equipment, and savings on flights with Porter airlines.
- Connect to the next generation of life sciences talent through innovative programs such as LSO’s Ten Thousand Coffees mentorship hub.