Applications for 2020 are OPEN.
Life Sciences Ontario Scholarship Program
LSO’s mission is to advance the life sciences sector in Ontario, and with the support of our partners: Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, Horizon Therapeutics, Janssen, Novo Nordisk, Roche Canada, Sanofi Canada and Takeda 37 undergraduate university and college students will receive financial support that will aid them with their academic fees and most importantly, receive a unique opportunity to be mentored by experienced professionals, all working to combat COVID 19 and advance the future of the life sciences sector. The mentoring aspect of this program will allow students to build strong connections, be exposed to and learn about the endless opportunities in the life science sector and provides evidence-based guidance as they map their future career path.
Number of Awards: 37
How to Apply: OPEN, Click here to apply.
Deadline to Apply: May 29th, 2020
- Applicant must have a permanent residence in Ontario, Canada; studying in an accredited post-secondary institution in Ontario.
- Applicants in an undergraduate degree program must be entering their 3rd or final year of full-time studies in a bachelor’s degree program
- Undergraduate college applicants must be entering their second last year or final year of full-time studies
Note: Chosen applicants will need to submit proof of enrolment for the fall 2020-2021 school term and submit an official school transcript.The scholarship isn’t open to graduate or post-graduate programs.
- Must have a minimum cumulative average of 80% (or equivalent GPA) over their completed years of post-secondary studies;
NOTE: Applied Bachelors, diplomas, or multiple degrees are eligible to apply.
Must answer three short essay questions:
- 1) How do you see yourself contributing to the Life Sciences industry through your career? (250-300 words max)
- 2) What area of the life sciences industry do you consider to be the most interesting and why? ( Example: Medical Devices and Equipment, Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, Research, Testing, and Medical Laboratories, Agriculture Feedstock and Chemicals, Medical Cannabis, eHealth and Artificial Intelligence) (300-450 words max)
- 3) What do you plan on achieving through the mentorship offered through this program? (150 words)
*Please note that past LSO award winners are not eligible to apply.
**Successful candidates will be asked to submit a hard copy of their official transcript to the LSO office.
Those chosen for the scholarship will participate in “One-on-One Mentoring” with an experienced professional within their field of study in the life sciences sector
Once chosen recipients of the scholarship can expect to:
- Tour of the office
- Introductions to colleagues
- An orientation of what the company does
- Mentor’s role / Q&A
- Opportunity for job shadowing
Become an LSO Student Member
Why Should I Join? Benefits of LSO Membership
- Expand your network and share best practices. LSO offers a robust suite of life sciences events, including our popular networking nights and breakfast meetings, attended by members from across our sector.
- Stay on top of what’s happening. LSO members receive exclusive access to our weekly newsletter, with a must-read summary of industry news and events.
- Benefit from member-exclusive or member-discounted events, such as our Policy Forum, Queen’s Park Day, and Annual Awards Gala.
- Access exclusive member discounts, including: Preferred rate for SR&ED tax credits and other grant services; discounts on lab supplies and equipment, and savings on flights with Porter airlines.
- Connect to the next generation of life sciences talent through innovative programs such as LSO’s Ten Thousand Coffees mentorship hub.