The Life Sciences Ontario (LSO) Scholarship program is now accepting student applications!
Life Sciences Ontario (LSO) in collaboration with our partners: Antibe Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, Astellas Canada, Alexion Pharma Canada, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Cresswell Advisors, EmpowerPharm, Gilead Sciences Canada, GlaxoSmithKline, Horizon Therapeutics, Pfizer Canada, Janssen Canada, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Novo Nordisk, Roche Canada and Sanofi Canada and our community supporter CSL-Behring are pleased to announce that the LSO Scholarship Program is now accepting student applications! This program will award a minimum of 37 undergraduate students (subject to increase depending on the number of sponsors), studying in fields that are linked to the employment footprint of the Life Sciences sector, a total value of $3000 for the 2021-2022 fall/winter term. Students will be able to access the application portal beginning from March 16th, 2021 to May 17th, 2021.
Applicants must be permanent residents of Ontario.
Award recipients will participate in “One-on-One Mentoring” with an experienced professional in the life sciences sector. LSO will facilitate initial introductions with mentors, however, the mentorship should be driven by the award recipients.
Once selected, recipients of the scholarship participating in the mentorship program can include:
- Informational Interview style meeting
- Invitation to visit and tour company (subject to public health guidelines for COVID19)
- Numerous networking opportunities
- Opportunity for job shadowing
- Must be currently residing as a permanent resident in Ontario verified by postal code.
- Applicants in an undergraduate university degree program must be entering their final year of full-time studies in a bachelor’s degree program
- Undergraduate college applicants must be entering their final year of full-time studies
Note: Chosen applicants will need to submit proof of enrolment for the fall 2021-2022 school term and submit an official school transcript. The scholarship isn’t open to graduate or post-graduate programs.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative average of 80% from their all complete years of post secondary schooling.
- College students in 2-year programs must provide proof of enrollment & program length.
*Please note that past LSO award winners are not eligible to apply
**Successful candidates will be asked to submit a hard copy of their official transcript to the LSO office.
Open: March 16th, 2021
Deadline: May 17th, 2021
Award Amount: $3,000
Those chosen for the scholarship will participate in “One-on-One Mentoring” with an experienced professional within their field of study in the life sciences sector
Once chosen recipients of the scholarship can expect to:
- Tour of the office
- Introductions to colleagues
- An orientation of what the company does
- Mentor’s role / Q&A
- Opportunity for job shadowing
Sponsors must be LSO Members to participate.
For info or inquiries on the Scholarship please contact Elizabeth Voss: email@example.com
Become an LSO Student Member
Why Should I Join? Benefits of LSO Membership
- Expand your network and share best practices. LSO offers a robust suite of life sciences events, including our popular networking nights and breakfast meetings, attended by members from across our sector.
- Stay on top of what’s happening. LSO members receive exclusive access to our weekly newsletter, with a must-read summary of industry news and events.
- Benefit from member-exclusive or member-discounted events, such as our Policy Forum, Queen’s Park Day, and Annual Awards Gala.
- Access exclusive member discounts, including: Preferred rate for SR&ED tax credits and other grant services; discounts on lab supplies and equipment, and savings on flights with Porter airlines.
- Connect to the next generation of life sciences talent through innovative programs such as LSO’s Ten Thousand Coffees mentorship hub.