Now Accepting Sponsors for the 2021-2022
Life Sciences Ontario Scholarship Program
The Life Sciences Ontario (LSO) Scholarship program was piloted in 2019 and has grown from it’s modest beginnings to an important element of the LSO’s mandate under education and mentorship. Through the support of our member organizations, we have been able to impact the lives of 57 university students here in the province pursuing studies within the life sciences. Now in its 3rd year, the LSO Scholarship program provides students with financial support that will aid them with their academic fees and most importantly, offers a unique opportunity to be mentored by experienced professionals in the life sciences sector through our mentorship program. The mentoring aspect of this program will allow students to build strong connections, be exposed to and learn about the endless opportunities in the life science sector, and provides evidence-based guidance as they map their future career path.
Use the scholarship program to increase awareness of the Life Sciences sector in Ontario as:
- A significant employer for new graduate
- A significant driver of the provincial economy
- An integrated stakeholder, engaged with and supportive of the greater community.
- And an exciting, innovative, and promising industry.
- Create local undergraduate university scholarships targeted at students entering their 4th (or final year for college programs under 4 years) of studies, specifically, for students studying in fields that are linked to the employment footprint of the Life Sciences sector.
- A broad range of “field-of-study” eligibility: finance, engineering, life sciences, health sciences, communications, public policy, health economics, economics, medical sciences, etc.
- Attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Ontario
- Must be a resident of Ontario
Want to learn more about how you can get involved in the 2021-2022 LSO Scholarship?
Download the Sponsorship Booklet here.
Please contact Elizabeth Voss for inquiries about the LSO Scholarship Program/Sponsorship.
**Sponsors must be LSO Members
APPLICATIONS OPENING MARCH 2021
- Applicant must have a permanent residence in Ontario, Canada; studying in an accredited post-secondary institution in Ontario.
- Applicants in an undergraduate degree program must be entering their final year of full-time studies in a bachelor’s degree program
- Undergraduate college applicants must be entering their final year of full-time studies
Note: Chosen applicants will need to submit proof of enrolment for the fall 2020-2021 school term and submit an official school transcript. The scholarship isn’t open to graduate or post-graduate programs.
- Must have a minimum cumulative average of 80% (or equivalent GPA) over their completed years of post-secondary studies;
NOTE: Applied Bachelors, diplomas, or multiple degrees are eligible to apply.
*Please note that past LSO award winners are not eligible to apply.
**Successful candidates will be asked to submit a hard copy of their official transcript to the LSO office.
Those chosen for the scholarship will participate in “One-on-One Mentoring” with an experienced professional within their field of study in the life sciences sector
Once chosen recipients of the scholarship can expect to:
- Tour of the office
- Introductions to colleagues
- An orientation of what the company does
- Mentor’s role / Q&A
- Opportunity for job shadowing
Become an LSO Student Member
Why Should I Join? Benefits of LSO Membership
- Expand your network and share best practices. LSO offers a robust suite of life sciences events, including our popular networking nights and breakfast meetings, attended by members from across our sector.
- Stay on top of what’s happening. LSO members receive exclusive access to our weekly newsletter, with a must-read summary of industry news and events.
- Benefit from member-exclusive or member-discounted events, such as our Policy Forum, Queen’s Park Day, and Annual Awards Gala.
- Access exclusive member discounts, including: Preferred rate for SR&ED tax credits and other grant services; discounts on lab supplies and equipment, and savings on flights with Porter airlines.
- Connect to the next generation of life sciences talent through innovative programs such as LSO’s Ten Thousand Coffees mentorship hub.