hirewesternuAbility Accessible Employment Forum
MarchMar 02 2023 05:30pm - 08:00pm
On Thursday, March 2, 2023 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST, Western University will host the hirewesternuAbility Accessible Employment Forum. This is an in-person event with a hybrid option.
Together we will address employment barriers faced by persons with disability to improve employment outcomes for students with disabilities. The evening will consist of guest speaker Dr. Jeff Preston, a panel of experts for a Q&A about accessible employment from the perspectives of employer and employee and offer time for students with disabilities, employers and community support organizations to network together in an evening of connection and learning. Refreshments will be served.
The hirewesternuAbility Accessible Employment Forum is free for all participating organizations.
By participating in the forum, employers will:
- Learn about and improve your organizational equity, diversity, inclusion, and decolonization practices
- Highlight your accessible recruitment and retention practices
- Share and learn best practices
- Tap into talent to meet your current labour needs
- Benefit from inclusion and break down employment barriers for persons with disability
Event is in progress