LSO Breakfast Series
MayMay 31 2022 12:00pm - 01:00pm
Opportunities in the Real Estate Market | Overview of the Construction Process and Costing
- Geoff Evans – President, Eurofins CDMO Alphora Inc.
- Scott Mulligan – Partner Ellington Corporate Real Estate Advisors, Life Sciences Specialist
Overview of the Construction Process and Costing
1. Update on Lab space opportunities in the marketplace
2. Review of general rental rates and construction costs for lab space. Also, “lessons learned” in a recent wet lab space build-out
3. Specific clauses in a Lease that need to be negotiated differently for lab space.
Geoff has spent his career at the nexus of science, engineering, and business, developing people, teams, facilities, and systems to support business growth. Geoff has broad business development and operational experience in the pharmaceutical and industrial sectors, where he contributed to organizations’ organic growth and diversification into new markets through internal start-ups and acquisitions. Over his career, Geoff has successfully built, staffed, and operated drug substance and drug product operations, for which several FDA approvals were obtained. Geoff was a founding leader at Alphora Research Inc., which was acquired by Eurofins Scientific in June 2017, whereupon Geoff was appointed President.
Scott Mulligan – Partner Ellington Corporate Real Estate Advisors, Life Sciences Specialist
Scott Mulligan SIOR, is Partner at Ellington Corporate Real Estate Advisors which specializes exclusively in representing corporate users and tenants of space. He has negotiated numerous lab facility leases in over 12 cities throughout North America and was recently responsible for managing the sale of a 235,000 sq ft lab facility.
Event is in progress