University of Toronto
Departments of Biochemistry and Immunology Internship Group (BIIG)
Helping Your Organization with Talent Recruitment
Why Select Interns from BIIG?
Academic Excellence and Professional Development
The Departments of Biochemistry and Immunology at the University of Toronto offers your institution our trainees with research-intensive, competitive undergraduate programs and the new Applied Immunology Master’s program combined with introductory Professional Development training.
- DNA molecular biology such as PCR, DNA recombination and sequencing
- Protein expression, purification and characterization
- Sound understanding of cellular and molecular basis of non-self recognition
- Extensive training in a variety of molecular biology techniques
MSc Applied Immunology
- Intensive scholarship in cutting edge techniques such as assay development flow cytometry, histology and pre-clinical animal modeling.
- Training in industry-style technical reports, detailing goals and milestones
All students who are selected for BIIG will also have introductory Professional Development Training. Our students may also become your future full-time employees. They bring outstanding academic training, enthusiasm and professionalism. All students are assessed by their employers and academic advisors at the end of their experience.
Salary compensation may be matched up to 50% with the employer by funding agencies, Talent Edge and Mitacs, through collaborative applications.
For further information, please contact Dr. Nana Lee.
Nana Lee, PhD
Director of Graduate Professional Development
Departments of Biochemistry and Immunology
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Medical Sciences Building 5233
1 King’s College Circle
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8