The LSO Awards recognize excellence in Ontario life sciences on behalf of both individuals and emerging companies. Awards will be presented at LSO’s Annual Celebration of Success, in the spring 2023.
Ontario’s life sciences sector is driven by incredible people doing outstanding work. The LSO Awards are an important part of our advocacy for the sector, through celebrating the individuals and companies behind its success.
How to submit
The submission process is quick and easy via our online form.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- A highly respected leader who has inspired and led Ontario’s life sciences community to imagine a bigger and better future for our sector.
- An individual who is recognized as a significant contributor in more than one domain of Ontario life sciences, including industry, government, academia, volunteerism, IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility) and philanthropy.
LSO Volunteer Award
- An active participant in Ontario’s life sciences community who receives no remuneration for volunteer work.
- An individual who supports and adds energy to life sciences initiatives and events in Ontario while embodying the principles of IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility).
- Nominees must be LSO members (or members of an LSO partner organization).
Community Service Award
- A public or private sector individual who has made extraordinary contributions toward building Ontario’s life sciences sector, going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Contributions may include leadership, public policy, mentorship, advocacy, science communication, commercialization, investment, education, IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility) and promotion of life sciences.
Life Science Company of the Year
- An Ontario-based company that has demonstrated strong leadership and achieved significant milestones in advancing innovative life sciences technology towards commercial success, which has been recognized and validated by the community (for example, through the attraction of strategic partnerships and/or investment capital).
- Open to all companies from the broader life sciences community, including (but not limited to) human health, agri-food, and industrial biotechnology.
- Special consideration will be given to companies that incorporate and prioritize ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) and IDEA (inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility) policies, programs and initiatives while demonstrating leadership and adaptability to changing business environments.
- Preference will be given to early stage/SME companies that demonstrate the criteria.