Life Sciences Ontario offers mentorship support through its digital mentorship hub with Ten Thousand Coffees.
Why? We want to help recent graduates, young professionals, and anyone negotiating a career transition to network and connect with experienced mentors within the sector.
- It’s all online. You can sign up with LinkedIn to populate your profile faster.
- It’s easy to request coffee chats with mentors from a variety of life sciences backgrounds.
- Meetings are typically a half hour to an hour, and can take place in person, by Skype, by phone, or through email. You decide what works for you.
- You can schedule meetings within the hub and easily add them to your calendar.
- You can also access our popular in-person networking nights and breakfast sessions to grow your connections and shape your career. Become an LSO member and use the discount code “10kCoffees” to get 10 percent off your membership.
Why should I sign up?
Our 2015 LSO Sector Report identified the transition from school to industry as one of the biggest challenges to the sector — unemployment is at 18.9 per cent for recent grads.
Programs like this one are designed to help new grads figure out how to crack that barrier and are an excellent way to give back.
- Visit the LSO hub page and click “Get Started.”
- Sign up with LinkedIn using your email and complete the registration process.
- Upload a picture.
- Fill in a couple fields to create a quick bio.
- Verify your email address (you’ll automatically get a “Please Verify Your Email Address” email prompt from Ten Thousand Coffees).
- Click “Verify Email.” If you don’t see this message right away, check your junk/spam folder.
Questions? Contact Melissa Hughes, Director of Marketing & Communications.