BioCache offers long and short term solutions for biospecimen storage including both ambient (room temperature) storage of tissue blocks and slides, and cold (-80 C) storage of a variety of biological specimens.
BioCache provides uniquely unparalleled service and peace of mind to our clients:
- Our extended team includes no less than four highly experienced PhD’s with extensive background in the precision hospital and research environments. Ongoing operations are overseen by a deeply experienced and licensed Medical Lab Technologist (MLT).
- The BioCache facility is under constant surveillance by a server-center grade security system, including offsite monitoring, and is supported both by private response and public police forces.
- Our operations meet or exceed stringent CAP (College of American Pathologist) and CTRNet (Canadian Tissue Repository Network) accreditation standards for biorepositories.
- Our state-of-the-art individual barcoding system allows us to retrieve ambient specimens (slides / tissue blocks) and return them to clients accurately, within 24 hours.
- BioCache also offers a high grade auxiliary power system to provide business continuity in the face of power blackouts and other disruptions. BioCache is able to provide power to our vital temperature management and security systems indefinitely.